Family Fun Night: Halloween/Video Game Design!
With Special Guest Speaker, Mike Parisi, Video Game Designer
Friday, October 23, 6:30 - 8:30pm
Thanks for joining us for some ghoulish fun, drinks and snacks while you created your very own Halloween-themed video game, Halloween treat bag, mask or bookmark, and enjoyed other fun Halloween activities at our Capitola Mall site.
- 6:30 Welcome
- 6:35 Mike Parisi Presentation (details below)
- 7:00 Design a Halloween video game, or make a Halloween treat bag, mask or bookmark
- 8:30 Closing
Guests socialized, learned about the making of a video game app, and had Halloween fun. Ages 3+ were welcome!
Outline of Mike Parisi's talk:
- Brief overview of what I did in the corporate game world
- Why did I make "Isopod: The Roly Poly Science Game"?
- Demonstration of the game
- What is programming? How does programming make ideas come to life?
- How does programming enable your characters to be believable? (i.e., use physics from real life, etc.)
- How does tilt/bump work in Isopod? How does launch/crash work in Angry Bird?
- Q and A